Wednesday, 18 June 2014

There Is A Reason I Am This Bright!

Lots of things eat bugs right? So as a bug, you want to hide, be inconspicuous, well camouflaged. Or you can announce your presence, loud and proud with bright red and yellow! Needless to say it is a warning, at the very least - I don't taste good or in the case of this Iron Cross Blister Beetle - I am toxic! They actually carry cantharidin toxins that can interfere with the vertebrate nervous system so no munching on this one!


eileeninmd said...

What a colorful Beetle! A toxic beetle, I think it is safe. Have a happy day!

Celeste said...

Glad to hear that you won't be snacking on them any time soon Eileen :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...