Image

Image

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Proud Father Part Two


When I originally saw this little family it made me sad. There was a very diligent father, eleven tiny chicks and no mother. Something must have happened to her very soon after the chicks hatched. With so many natural predators it is very hard for a pair of quail to successfully raise a clutch of chicks and I have to be honest I didn't think a single parent would have any chance at all. So imagine my delight when our little one parent family showed up again this morning. There were eight healthy chicks remaining and they are now much bigger and so have a far better chance of surviving. Well done Dad.

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Celeste, it is sad to hear about the female-mommy missing. It is wonderful that the male continues with the care of the baby quails! I hope they all survive! Have a happy day?

Roberta Warshaw said...

Perfect post for Father's Day!

Celeste said...

I was so happy to see that he still had so many babies with him, they stand a much better chance now I think Eileen.

Celeste said...

Yes indeed Roberta, a happy mistake if I am honest :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...