Image

Image

Wednesday 19 November 2014

How Do They Do That?


You can't follow this blog without realising I love cactii. I suppose in all honesty it is a bit of a love hate thing because it really doesn't matter how careful you are when doing yard work, sooner or later you will get spiked, stabbed or pierced. But hey, that is what tweezers were invented for right? One of the things I love most about these armoured beauties is their ability to grow in the most impossible of places. Like this one, a pile of rocks with a teaspoon of soil (and when I say soil, that is a pretty generous term, I am sure gardeners in most other places would consider our soil to be one step removed from building rubble!) and yet here is this Barrel Cactus flourishing.

2 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Amazing how it can grow right up out of a pile of rocks and it looks quite healthy too!

Celeste said...

It is isn't Diane? I find them quite remarkable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...